Looking for Critique: 30 min Class

Page d'accueil Forums La critique Looking for Critique: 30 min Class

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Janhackstrom 2 days ago.

• S'abonner Favori

Hey all!

I've been drawing figures for a month and thought it would be time to get some critique on my work.

For context, I've been using Drawabox on and off for about a year, but I've really wanted to get into human/figure work, and so I started actively reading and drawing for the last month. I've been reading through Michael Hampton's Figure Drawing: Design and Invention the last week or so and have been actively copying the work from the book to get a sense of the flow/gesture and how I should approach figure drawing. Any critique, even harsh, is appreciated. If you also have any resources you would reccomend, please let me know.

My critique on myself is that I still struggle to draw proportionately. I find that my torsos are too long, and the legs also get stretched. I also struggle to do hands/feet and the head, but I am fairly happy with how things are starting to look overall. I also think I need to toss the fineliner as my choice, and use pencils. Drawabox explicitly wants to use a fineliner, so it's what I've been using exclusively for a while. In this class I did, only the last one (marked 10 min) was with a pencil, the rest were a fineliner.

Imgur Link: https://imgur.com/a/critique1-xxyxOsY

Any critique, even harsh, is appreciated. If you also have any resources you would recommend, please let me know.

Thanks,
    - J

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

You should pay attention to the character's head. It seems to be too small.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.