Still getting worse. Extremely stressed out.

首页 论坛 实践与建议 Still getting worse. Extremely stressed out.

This topic contains 1 replies, has 1 voices, and was last updated by Icouldntthinkofaname 4 hours ago.

• 订阅 喜欢

Kind of a followup to the previous post.

If you don't want to read all of that, TLDR; I think my faces in particular are getting worse over time. These were the examples I used previously; the 1st is from 4 years ago, the 2nd and 3rd are from 2 years ago, and the 4th and 5th are from about a month ago. I feel like my structure and feature placement are extremely weak, but I've been drawing for 10+ years and practicing rigorously, including drawing more realistic faces as a means of learning.

I have additionally tried Loomis, Asaro, Draw A Box, drawing skulls, and various other practice methods to improve; none of it helped.

I tried to do a simple practice with reference today, (here is the reference) and it's still nowhere near my goal or the level of technical skill I want; it took nearly an hour, with multiple iterations. In my previous post I was advised to just finish things, but I'm too stressed out to - I can't get through a rough sketch without getting frustrated. A lot of previous studies I've done clock in at around half the time. A lot of the time it feels like I forget everything when I try to draw faces nowadays. I can very clearly tell that the angle is wrong, but I couldn't fix it after several redraws of the basic structure.

Also, please no vague motivational advice, it's not helpful! Additionally, I am not self-taught or a hobbyist.

I've tried every practice method under the sun. What do I do?

Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.