Critique: Robo Beans

Home Forums Critique Critique: Robo Beans

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Waderatke 6 hours ago.

• Subscribe Favorite

My first time using Proko's Robo Beans. It was akward at first, yet the torso and plevis looks more interesting. Any suggestions to improve this, especially foreshorten figures?

https://imgur.com/a/HwdfSnc

• JO NI edited this post on May 26, 2024 3:28am.
    • JO NI edited this post on May 26, 2024 3:29am.
    • JO NI edited this post on May 26, 2024 3:29am.
    Students get 33% off full memberships to Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Hello and welcome again, JO NI. Nicest job on your robo-bean poses and anatomy drawings. I love how much clarity and most simplicity and geometry in your spaces, shapes, and of course, forms. Yet I'm still not getting enough of your looseness of your lightest lines, shapes, and forms yet. How would you like to please kindly loosen up your robo-beans in 5 minutes each like these here?

The logical reason why is because if you've just carefully captured your robo-beans most slowly enough, then you speed can improve quite dramatically and fairly with speed and most myelins. For most details, please look into more gesture drawing vids by Proko.

Good luck from me.

Hi Jo Ni!

I believe you're on quite the right track. Your lines are quite "active" so it's sometimes a bit hard to discern what you meant with them.

From what I figure, your torsos are occasionally quite thin, narrow and prolonged. Again, it may be so intentionally. Pose 12, for example.

As for the foreshortening, you are implementing the theoretical rules correctly.

Another thing to try is to study the shape and the anatomy of the spine, if you haven't already. How can it twist, and how much can it twist at each point? How does muscle arrangement look like against the spine?

Cheers

2 1

I think you should improve your ability to use Robo Beans by carefully making your robot slow enough that your speed can improve quite significantly and to be fair to speed and most myelin, and Watch Proko's gesture drawing videos to improve your skills. doodle baseball

I recommend slowly slowing down your robot enough to observe a speed improvement while being fair to speed and most myelin to enhance your Robo Beans skills. Proko drawing gestures videos might help you improve.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.