how are stickman's shoulders and waist look like when they are rotated towards the camera?

Home Forums Oefenen & Advies how are stickman's shoulders and waist look like when they are rotated towards the camera?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Aunt Herbert 2 weeks ago.

• Abonneren Favoriet

In all of the art tutorials I've seen the example of using a stickman has always been a problem for me, it is all ok when the body is just presenting towards the camera, but from a different angle? It's ok when they have to display a simple example to the viewers that never heard of figure studies, but they never do it to a pose like this. How am I supposed to draw that?

Please support Line of Action

Support us to remove this

Well, your solution IS quite accurate. As is your observation, that youtube tutorials tend to use references that make it easy to apply the technique the makers want to demonstrate.

I think the answer is, if you are most interested in a perspective depiction of, in this example, a hip that is almost vertical to your point of view, then the stickman method isn't the perfect tool. You CAN still use it, and I actually think you got the most out of it in that instance, it just won't produce a very satisfying result (as witnessed by the fact, that you express your dissatisfaction). Tools have limits, and you can push those limits a bit with a lot of practice, but you can't make them disappear.

You are "supposed to draw" it to best encapsulate your desired artistic effect, and if one tool doesn't cut it, switch to another tool.

Login or create an account to participate on the forums.